We know that digital signage works. The question is, how it will work for you and your customers? With a digital signage strategy, we define the role of digital signage. We search for insights on how you can create value for your business, set expectations for what efforts you can put into it, and look at what challenges it’s supposed to solve.
The work with a strategy goes through three different phases: Understand, Discover, and Define.
We gain an understanding of what you expect from digital signage. We look at how you work today, find out how your business is set up, different stakeholder expectations, and the soft and hard goals connected to the strategy.
We dive deeper into how everything works by doing a customer perspective analysis, and on-site customer journey, and search and create insights on how we can improve the customer experience.
We analyse the data collected and define insights, which we will use as the foundation for the strategic direction. We look at people’s needs and behaviours and find out how we can use digital signage to improve the situation.
Knowledge of Space
The placement of the screens is crucial to drive high signage visibility.
The visibility is affected by:
- Where in the visitor’s path the screens are placed
- Height and placement of the screens
Knowledge of Channel
Attention and Relevance
The customer or visitor is habit-driven in the store or mall, and with the correct package and messaging, we can cut through the customer’s autopilot. If you do not break through, you will not succeed.#
Create a reason to act
To optimise the reason for the customer to act, we ensure that relevant communication matches the mood and needs of the visitor. High conversion and customer value from digital signage are created through clear communication, emotional packaging, and something different from what they expect.
These examples of questions guide us along the way in the strategic work:
- What happens before, during, and after the experience/store visit?
- Where is the customer seeking information?
- How is the customer moving through the environment?
- What are the customer journey stages?
- Where might the customer need information/get inspired?
- Pain and gain points within the onsite customer journey?
- What is the customer feeling during the experience as they move through the store, step by step?
- What is the goal for the customer in each phase?
- How can we create a better customer journey?
In most cases, we end up with five different deliveries from this strategic work. The package is for you to use as a northern star:
- Onsite customer journey analysis with defined pain and gain points
- Site map with defined placements for digital signage
- Purpose and mission description for each placement
- Insights on how your site works and how it can be better
- A defined strategic direction and role for digital signage on how the channel will fit in an existing channel mix and how it will create value
Do you want to know more about how Digital Signage can help your business?
Get in touch with Pelle Höök, our Chief Design Officer, to find out more!